The following is a list of facts associated with MOBU team and their previous actions. Information is provided by me personally as a long time active member of the community, who have previously exposed projects like LAToken and BitConnect. Information is provided for other members of crypto community for them to be prepared to seriously consider possibility of investing in this project.
1) Almost every single member of MOBU core team was a member of an infamous Zabercoin, project that turned out to be a flop according to many reports of the community members.
2) Spring of 2018 Juan Engelbrecht reached out and basically admitted his mistakes for Zabercoin and wanted to start everything from the beginning. He mentioned he has a project and asked me to be his head advisor. He said he had no budget, just an idea. Nevertheless, the project sounded reasonable and we talked about MOBU, spending countless hours over the phone discussing the name, the logo, etc, and so, I have advised him and helped him.
Politely, I asked him to put our agreement regarding all the terms for my work and regulation of the project on paper from the very beginning, but he never seemed to care much about it. He kept on postponing it, meantime using me to get first-hand information on all matters pertaining to launching ICOs, including actual terms and conditions, particulars about collections, names, pre-ICOs, main ICOs, legislations, to name a few.
Time went by and I finally confronted him with the same facts I noticed with Zabercoin – no MVP, lack of a complete professional technical team, etc. All the same mistakes were repeated, indicating his lack of respect for advisors – the lack of recognition of my work would only be the LEAST of my concerns. But my name was in the roster of advisors, whitepaper, posters – on their website, here on ICOBench and who knows where else!
Other main reason for my confrontation with Juan was not submitting to my directions on the matter of certain irregularities being repeated in MOBU from Zabercoin. He grew belligerent and became a totally different person and spoke unprofessionally and below the business communication level, which had me upset and worried me, to the point that I decided to make this matter public, concerning Juan Engelbrecht and MOBU, for my protection and that of members of crypto community who might be defrauded.
This is my personal statement on this matter of Belkin versus Engelbrecht, not actually versus MOBU, as I am afraid that some of those who have joined his team may have been misled by the misrepresentation that I am the head advisor. I exhort those who may not have known the truth about this matter and the character of the person they are now engaging with to reconsider their involvement.
Are Juan Engelbrecht and MOBU worth your trust and investment?
1) This was never a personal issue. I could not care less about upvotes or downvotes. I know what actually happened and I stay proud that I have shared the actual facts. Let the time be the judge of who was right.
2) I will not be providing anyone with my ETH address or any other meaning of payment as this issue WAS NEVER ABOUT THE MONEY, no matter how hard MOBU CEO is willing to make it look like it. MOBU is actually trying to find a way to make peace now, but I am not for sale. Whatever facts happened will actually stay public but I have already moved on as I am not doing any kind of PR for this project. They have already leeched enough out of me.
3) I was NEVER a part of the Zabercoin team, this is a complete hoax. I was invited to be an Advisor, I have advised the project for a minor period of time, and then I HAVE ASKED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE PROJECT even as an Advisor because of what I have learned about the project itself and Juan’s way of doing business. This is why I also NEVER actually agreed on being a part of MOBU and only complimented it in our private conversations out of pure politeness, I wanted to give Juan a chance when he said that he admits that Zabercoin was not the way to do business and he promised me that MOBU will be different. Unfortunately, some people never change.
4) I clearly see that, unfortunately, Juan will never understand the core libertarian values of crypto community. I admit my mistake in becoming involved with him at all, failing to see the true colors. I publicly promise not to fall for anything like this again. Only true and legit community team projects.
5) I am not deleting anything. It’s simply impossible here. I am just adding more facts to my review, editing it. And every time this happens, the system automatically removes the past reply as not relevant. It would be great if CEO of a technological startup (and Juan tries to pose as such) would know and understand such simple tech moments.